Wheaton, IL -> Rochester, MN

I crawled out of bed and within an hour was on the road. Part of today's prep included tightening my front axle pinch bolts. Something told me I had forgotten to snug them in yesterday. One of those things where you shrug as you boringly avert disaster. Hope I didn't forget any others. The weather was going to start hot and become rainy heading into lunch. This combination is annoying because it forces wearing rain gear, which is hot, when it is not raining. Still better than getting wet. My first stop of the day was in Madison, Wisconsin. My grandfather's old stomping grounds. I was there to see my friend Jessica who is actually from Kennet Square, a Pennsylvania town I visited earlier. We caught up (it has been some time) and I hit the road again.

There was a lot of dirt to cover today and after it all I'm just too damn tired to say much about it. I'm beat. I have a series of 350 mile interstate grinds until Tuesday when I get to Seattle. It's expensive to stay put when you don't have friends in the area. So, I must rove. Rochester is a city built around The Mayo Clinic. Everyone here has some connection to it. At the bar tonight, I talked with the patrons over the boundaries of the midwest. American regions have blurry edges. Maybe this is by design. The people I talked to live in it and didn't have much of an opinion. Whatever, who cares about a line on a map?

Today's Distance: 339 Miles

Total Distance: 5649 Miles

Comments