Grand Haven, MI (Day 2)

We slept in and charted a course for the pharmacy. I had gotten an antibiotics prescription for the previous night's tic bite and it was time to pick it up. I swallowed my 200mg horse pill and we went the auto parts store. Today was the day to service the bike. Nothing special, just valves and an oil change. I was able to get the gaskets shipped in but the oil needed to come locally. 10W-60 is not easy to find. Luckily, the first store had it. The gal working the register at first laughed at the bizarre oil weight (uncommon in cars and less common in bikes) but took a peek in the back and found just what I needed. The nice thing about a living fossil dry clutch bike is that you don't need motorcycle oil to keep the bike happy. Since the oil isn't around the clutch you don't need the friction modifiers. I took my oil (approved for Konneigsegg engines) and got to work. The valve lashing went easy, after we had found the tools, and then came the oil change which was also relatively painless. Thank the bike Gods.

Tractor Repair Squad
After we put the bike back together, it was dinner time. We put our name in at a gastropub and popped in to a nearby brewery for a pint. I got halfway through before I was reminded by a light head that I had taken antibiotics earlier that day. It is not recommended that you drink while taking Doxycycline Hyclate. Luckily, my pint was taken care of for me. We ate dinner and went back to the old cottage to watch the sunset. After the sun vanished it was off to the local dive, Tip A Few for a nightcap. The night got capped.

Comments

Post a Comment