Acton, MT -> Missoula, MT

I keep trying to sleep in and the sun keeps waking me up earlier and earlier. I'm going to hit pacific time tomorrow and with the sun rising when it does I may as well still be in central. Early to rise and early to bed makes a man wealthy and socially dead.

I took a slow start today. I had the time, I could afford it. On a trip like this you spend two things, money and time. Some things cost money, some things cost time, some things cost both. Sometimes you can spend one to save the other. I had an extra hour to start gently. On the way to Bozeman I called my sister. Today is her birthday. If I had planned things better, maybe I could have been in Santa Cruz for it. Oh well. I got to Bozeman for lunch and ate a po boy at a cajun restaurant. Bizarre. I never thought I would be eating amazing cajun in Montana's fourth largest city. There is certainly more variety of food once you leave the midwest. Just another interstate day really. Missoula is pretty. More than anything I am glad to be at the beginning of the end of this trip. This is my last day not seeing someone I know. You can talk to all the strangers you want but things get lonely in the helmet. I could never be a trucker.

Over dinner I realized that somewhere after Chicago I crossed a line where people began dipping their fries in ranch instead of ketchup. Must investigate later.

Today's Distance: 346 Miles

Total Distance: 6999 Miles

Comments