Raleigh, NC -> Deale, MD

I was an unexcited camper this morning. A good night's sleep and warm hospitality can only do so much to combat the prospect of a rainy ride. It looked like the rain was going to be beatable. If I hustled I could get in front of the clouds as they formed over South Raleigh.  The winds would blow them north by northeast, the same direction I was traveling. I had a final drink of water, ate some breakfast, aired up my tires, and hit the road.

Two Geese and a Shadow

Nothing was coming down as I left, but the sky was looking quite unhappy. About ten minutes later it began to rain. It was exciting to think that I was racing a cloud. Almost like flying in a sense. After the rain subsided my day began to get slightly more annoying. I would like to apologize to the great state of North Carolina for littering. I lost my tail bag's rain cover somewhere on route one, probably around Henderson. If you see it DM me for my address. I would like to apologize to the great state of Virginia for littering. One of my side case's bags flew off shortly after crossing the border. This was less than ideal. There was a chance of rain throughout the day and now my stuff was going to soak in it. Oh well. What am I going to do, stop!? After a brief lunch in Richmond I decided to switch to highways in an effort to not lose my last cover and spare myself some traffic.

I made it in to Deale with a nearly dead phone and found a pleasant surprise, my sister in our hotel room! It was the beginning of a warm evening with family. Our cousin picked us up and drove us to Baltimore for dinner at Chiapparelli's, an old haunt of my grandfather's. I am in town for a wedding and the family is seizing the opportunity to spend as much time together as we can. We must have had two dozen people around the dinner table. A warm and pleasant evening.

Tomorrow I will do what my father calls "making house calls" or visiting graves. Reflection with breakfast. Should be a good experience, maybe I'll learn something.

Today's Distance: 312 miles

Total Distance: 3401 miles

Comments