Port Washington, NY -> Amagansett, NY

Breakfast with the Rob and Carolyn. This was the second morning in a row where I ate shakshuka, definitely not a problem. It's delicious and everyone makes it a little different. I think a person could easily subside on the stuff and not get bored. There is so much variety. The sauce, the spice mix, what you add to it, how you cook the eggs, it can always be tweaked.

After suiting up I was greeted with a surprise, the day was supposed to be a scorcher but was instead just the typical east coast summer hot n' humid, if a little early in the year. What's more was that as I went east, further out on Long Island and into the Atlantic, it was to get cooler still. Traffic on the Long Island Expressway was merciful and the journey was easy until the Hamptons traffic started to bog me town on the congested two lane roads. Luckily, the weather was cool enough to keep me from being miserable and the low speeds enabled me to chat on the phone with my grandparents. Always a welcome diversion. 

I pulled in to Amagansett at around noon and Matt made us a quick lunch. Another house where I am the only one not working. A not so subtle reminder of the real world that exists outside my helmet. I went to the post office to ship some things around, I had an online order to return and some small extras to ship back to my parent's house. Gotta make space any way you can. Apparently this town has not yet gotten door to door mail delivery so I had to use a PO Box as a return address, strange. The seasonality of the population here also means that deer run wild. Most houses are empty for much of the year so the deer have no problem with wandering into backyards.

I'm currently enjoying some nice enclosed parking in the shed. There is a gravel driveway in this house and a grass yard. The soft earth is a terrible place to park a bike, the side stand is liable to dig itself a hole and take the bike down with it. Getting in to my parking spot is an unnerving ride over a gravel driveway and through a wet grassy yard. At the end there is a three inch step from the grass to the shed and then its "don't hit the antique windows on the left." Sure is pretty though.
Complimentary off-street parking

Today's Distance: 92 Miles

Total Distance: 3807 Miles

Comments