Philadelphia, PA

It's single time. Woke up and plotted a course for Jackson's house. A week or so ago, we recorded a single at his house and we have been hammering it out over the phone ever since. As I'm back in town, we decided that it was time to wrap it up. We mixed for two hours and took a break, walking to his landlord's office to review security camera footage for clues as to who hit hit his car early that morning. On a side note, if anyone in the Philadelphia area sees a 2017 or newer white Honda accord with fresh scratches on it, Jackson and the two other neighbors who were hit would like a word with the driver. We migrated to Green Eggs Cafe for an early single release party. Over a drink he told me stories of his observations in the protests and riots of the previous summer. It was clearly a wild time. We walked back and came up with a unique idea: a special mix of the song just for skating. We wrapped up both mixes and submitted them for distribution. It is so exciting to actually put something on Spotify. Now we impatiently wait for our our work to be published.

From Jackson's I went to Sami's bar again. She had returned back from her trip to Seattle and was happy to say hello and chat before I disappear again. She and her boyfriend are planning a trip to Los Angeles. I'm excited to reciprocate with her out west for the drink she gave me. Another bike ride to a karaoke bar in Chinatown. Brett's and his girlfriend Jenna are preparing to move to Newark. This was their send-off. My first time in a karaoke bar. It was great to see my friends one last time on my way out.


someone hit the applause button

Comments