Philadelphia, PA (Day 5)

 I seem to be doing these recovery days wrong. Oopsie.

Ethan and I prepped his apartment for his birthday tonight. This is a festival in two parts and part two was assumed to be in his living room. This mainly entailed a great deal of sweeping and the disposal of a litany of beer bottles, seltzer cans, and old train tickets. Following this, I took my motorcycle around the city and reunited people with the things they had left in Ethan's apartment. Philadelphia is a horrible city for a motorcycle. This is an ebike city. A motorcycle leaves you trapped like a car here and there is not enough room to shoot for gaps without riding on the sidewalk or through closed off construction zones. Maybe the locals can pull it off but not me. I asked a man on a Ducatti if people lanesplit here, "We respect the lane boundaries." Lame. On an ebike, you can get away with nonsense like sidewalk riding and running reds. That's the way to get around here. zip zip.

I stopped off at Jackson's house to return his speaker to him and he invited me in. We drank espresso and played a card game that was new to me, scopa. The game comes from Italy and lends itself to a relaxing afternoon on the patio. A chatty game. Once I mentioned I was tired and needed to excuse myself to Ethan's couch he responded with, "Wanna come upstairs and play with a Moog?" The bastard knows what I like. An hour later I was hungry and I got a call to meet up at a diner. As much as I love tasty synths I was in need of food and left. As linner wore on (have you ever seen french onion soup dumplings?) I wore out and had to excuse myself. The couch called louder still. A nap, a drink, and a trip to Love City Brewing where everyone was meeting up for Ethan's birthday. A few 'citywides' later and we retreated back to Ethan's domicile to blast music and dance. Soon enough, the couch called again.

A blurry photo of a blurry night


Comments