Philadelphia, PA (Day 2)

Visiting Philadelphia for me feels distinctly like taking an old pair of shoes out of the closet and slipping them on. Smelly, worn, and a good fit with lots of memories.

Another late start and I grabbed lunch at a Malaysian restaurant with my friend Sami. Malay food is dear to my heart. It's what my grandmother's family cooks and it is almost impossible to get outside of a home kitchen. Stumbling into a place with mei goreng on the menu was a real treat. Sami had never tried it either so it was a natural fit. We wandered the old city, passing a farmer's market and caught up on our last year. I said goodbye at the restaurant she tends bar at and continued south to my friend Max's house. We talked lockdown (a fashionable topic these days) and he mentioned he was having troubles with his bicycle. Fixing a bike for a can of PBR was definitely a peak ridiculous moment of the trip. Our friend Chris popped in and after some more gabbing we walked north to Sami's work for food and libation. Ethan met us there and after a drink or two (or three), we met up with more of our friends and migrated to a local beer garden.

Simple, Good Times

Comments