Philadelphia, PA -> Amagansett, NY

My last day in Philly, but for real this time. Today was slow and social. I spent the morning with Ethan and we talked until Max popped in. My shoes are beginning to fall apart on me so I decided that it was time to shop for new ones. We tried to make some bad things in the Converse online custom shoe builder. There are a lot of horrible shoes you can make with that. Once Ethan got off work we migrated to the Love City beer garden and had our last libation together. A sprint to a Venezuelan joint nearby for a last meal was an excelent cap on that beer. I hopped on a city bike and started pounding the pavement. I had to get to Chestnut and 31st from the restaurant in fifteen minutes. A distance of about two miles and a half miles. Marathon cyclist mode: activate. I made it to the car with Avery's friends just as they were packing in the bags of someone else that they were picking up. I piled in for the four hour ride back to Amagansett. The gals in the car are all friends of Avery from her sorority days at Drexel. All kind people wrapping up their college careers.

We got to Matt's house at around eleven, unloaded, and had a drink before bed with those who had arrived prior to us. I was feeling a need to stretch my legs so I took a walk in the night rain with all interested parties, two of Avery's friends from back home in Baltimore. Jeremy, Zach, and I circled the block and talked about life and adventuring. Zach is well-traveled and preparing to leave the country for some time to teach overseas. Jeremy has managed to get a job that will allow him to live the van life. A lifestyle full of adventure and searching for bathrooms. Back indoors. Set up the beds. Go to sleep.


Trust me, I'm a lot happier than I look

Comments