Nyack, NY -> Port Washington, NY

I've been telling myself for an age now that I need to get back into the routine of posting at night when I go to bed. For the last week or two, my days seem to flow in a way more conducive to posting on the next day. This isn't good for my writing as is pushes the limits of my memory. It also forces a 'to do' item to hang over me all day.

Ben, Carla, and I walked to grab breakfast at ten. The restaurant took our name and phone number and informed us that we would be seated no earlier than eleven. This suited us just fine as we were in no rush and in all the times I had been to Nyack I had never in fact looked around. Ben walked Carla and I around and told us about the history of his village. It still weirds me out to think that there are villages in the United States. I also learned the difference between The Nyacks, Nyack, and Central Nyack. Don't confuse them in front of the locals. By half past eleven Carla realized that something had gone wrong and we walked back to the cafe. Apparently they took down our phone number incorrectly. Whoopsie. Didn't stop me from eating the best shakshuka I've had this side of Tel Aviv.


Blissfully unaware that we were late for breakfast

We walked back home and after saying goodbye I set off into the city. Today was another scorcher with my only reprieve being the cool river breeze on the George Washington Bridge. I also noticed some locals lane splitting on FDR drive so I decided to partake as well. My friend Andrew is visiting NYC from Westlake Village, our hometown, and we managed to find time to meet up. A drink at The Bowery and a walk to Washington Square Park. As much as I dislike New York City I cannot fault the quality of the people watching there. He is clearly enamored with the place. Maybe someday I'll be visiting his house there instead of his hotel room.

Bowery Bar. Barerry?

Fired up the bike again and had a sweaty ride to Port Washington. Today is Father's day so I thought that if I could not be with my own father spending time with one of his friends would be the next best thing. Two of his College friends, Rob and Carolyn are close enough to my family to call them uncle and aunt. I grew up seeing their children and consider them more like cousins than family friends. I popped in to their father's day celebration and spent time relaxing with them. They have a lovely home overlooking the Manhasset Bay. Watching the sunset on their rear deck with them and a glass of wine was a great way to end the night.

I've just found out that I left my tea in Philly. This is my one luxury and so I cannot leave it behind. The rescue mission begins Tuesday. Tomorrow, the Hamptons!

Today's Distance: 55 Miles

Total Distance: 3715 Miles

Comments