Lewes, DE (Day 1)

Slow starts are becoming the routine now. I haven't traveled on the bike in over a week. My feet are starting to itch. On the way here I had a critical issue. My bags, which had already been giving me trouble, have begun to tear. I think it's time to put them to rest. The replacements will be shipped to Philly and they should beat me there. Arielle and I took our morning tea with her sisters on the back patio overlooking the water. Life stinks, I know.

Once we determined that everyone else had resigned themselves to being productive while the sun was up, Arielle and I began to pump up bicycle tires and hit the road. Destination: Giant for Berger cookies and TBD for Lunch. We began our trek which quickly became painful for me. I had selected a bike with a woman's seat. Men's and women's bike seats differ in design because men's and women's hips are different. To put it frankly, a man on a woman's saddle will find that the raised front of the seat will intrude on his wiggly bits which will force him back. Owie. We rode down the local bike paths to a beer garden. Our lunch of snacks and tasty beverages served to make it all worth our while. We precariously rode the highway to Giant where we were rewarded with two boxes of Bergers. For those not in the know, this is a Baltimore regional fudge cookie. A must when in the area.


Not Pictured: Nacho Pile

We rode back home, lounged and it was time for dinner. Arfan, Cath, Arielle, and I drive to Dogfish Head Brewery and Eats in the next town over. As expected, the beer was fantastic with food to match. I got to try their famed 120 Minute IPA which to be frank was disgusting. I am not a fan of hops and cranking it up to eleven (or 120 IBU as it were) did not make me happy. I poured it into my beer as a depth charge where it functioned admirably, transforming my lager into a tasty pale ale. There were a lot of people on the boardwalk for ten pm on a Wednesday night, pandemic notwithstanding. It feels good to have our corner of the world returning to normal, I hope it lasts.

Comments

Post a Comment