Lewes, DE -> Philadelphia, PA

Arielle and I took the bikes out on our shortest adventure yet! The Cape Henlopen State Park visitor center. Her sister Jess works there part time explaining the local ecology to nonlocal humans. Jess took us through all of the exhibits with a special attention to detail and wasted no time in chiding me for my use of flash photography in the exhibits. I would like to apologize to the horseshoe crab I blinded.

This creature has sensitive eyes, the horseshoe crab does as well

We rode the entirety of the park's bike loop which brought us back to the nature center just in time to bike home with Jess. From there, a waiting game. The employed among us finished their week's work and we set off back to Philadelphia. On arrival at Ethan's I tore open my new luggage which had arrived while I was out of town. Something had to be done about the old bags which have now begun to tear and were now without their waterproof coverings. I fitted the new ones, held my breath, and found that they were just far enough from the exhaust to not get melted. Sweet victory. A change of clothes and a walk to The Gayborhood with Ethan to meet up with Arfan, Arielle, Anastasia, Emma, and Jess. What's more, my friend from Santa Barbara (now of NYC) Timothy was in town and we paged him for his first night out in two years. I managed to hop on the same subway car as him while we traveled to Fishtown to meet Jackson and Avery at a local dive. A drink and back down to The Gayborhood for a nightcap. The requisite trip to Wawa for late, hot junk food, and a night well lived was complete.

Comments