Kennet Square, PA

I only grew up with one sister so I'm not used to the kind of shenanigans that occur when you have multiple of them growing up in the same house at the same time. I looked particularly foolish as I was the only one out of the four of us who has missed the coordinated matching floral jumpsuit memo.

Downtown Kennet Square has many small details that play to the town's status as the mushroom capital of the world. Bike racks with detailed mushroom ironwork, shops with mushroom memorabilia, the scent of feces softly wafting through the air. Y'know, the little things. We went out in search of an unforgettable mushroom luncheon. We settled on an Italian restaurant and ordered one of every mushroom heavy item on the menu. Mushroom soup, mushroom gratin, mushroom spinach ravioli, and mushroom risotto. Unfortunately even Kenneters have not figured out a way to eat mushrooms for desert so after a delicious meal we wandered to a local Michoacana for ice cream by way of a tea shop.

Squarely Situated
The last few days in Philadelphia and Maryland have been hard on my health. Merriment is fun but all things must be in moderation. I am looking forward to some slow and pleasant recovery time. I have been overdue to put the shakers away and pull out the teapots.

Comments